For years, instead of choosing ONLY a word for the new year, The MOB Society has led the way in helping families choose a VERSE to PRAY for your family.
Listen now as MOB co-founders, Brooke McGlothlin (author of Praying for Boys) and Home with the Boys (Erin Mohring) talk about the importance of this process for your family!
“Some women are emotionally and spiritually prepared for motherhood, but I was not! It sent me into a spiritual wilderness that I now see was one of God’s greatest gifts for me.” -Brooke
“As I searched Scripture for verses to pray for my boys, I began to understand Scripture better. My view of God expanded.” -Brooke
“God puts us in seasons that make us depend on Him. And that’s good!” -Erin
Don’t Miss This:
With 27:30 left, Erin prays for our time together today.
With 25:30 left, Brooke shares the changes coming to our MOB Live time each week.
- Answering your questions (that you’ll leave in comments on Facebook)
- Increasing the time to 45 minutes and starting at noon (eastern)
- Free five-day teaching series, Define Your Verse of the Year: A Step-by-Step Process to Choosing a Verse to Pray for Your Family
With 19 minutes left, Erin talks about choosing a word as the theme for the new year and shares what her word of 2018 is.
With 17 minutes left, Brooke shares what she does instead of choosing a word of the year—she chooses a verse to pray for her family.
With 13 minutes left, Brooke shares the verses that inspired her to start praying Scripture for her boys.
With 10 minutes left, Erin asks Brooke specifically why she picks a verse instead of a word.
With 8 minutes left, Erin asks Brooke how her boys are involved in this process.
With 3:45 left, Brooke talks about how you can sign up to learn her process for finding a verse for the year.
Don’t miss these previous MOB Lives:
- Mom Set Free with Jeannie Cunnion
- Running the Race with Endurance with Stacey Thacker
- Gospel Centered Mom
- Knights in Training with Heather Haupt
- Why Motherhood Matters with September McCarthy
- Mom Strong with Heidi St. John
- Put Your Warrior Boots on with Lisa Whittle
- God Is Raising You with Teri Lynne Underwood
- Gina Smith on the Power of Boy Mom Community
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled Word with Kristen Welch
- Erin Chase with Thanksgiving and Meal Planning Help
- Mary Prayers with Brooke and Erin
- Truth in Tinsel with Amanda White (Advent activities)
- Finding Unshakeable Faith with Lynn Cowell
- Are My Kids on Track? with Sissy Goff
I just finished going through the 5 day series (including the teaching videos in the Tribe) and I can’t say how much I was challenged and inspired to pursue God for my family. I highly recommend going through this series to find verses to pray for your family and live through your family this year.