Brooke and Erin were joined by Stacey Thacker for our third MOB Live episode!
Stacey Thacker is a wife and the mother of four girls. She is a Bible teacher with a passion to connect with women and encourage them in their walks with God. Her books include Is Jesus Worth It?, Hope for the Weary Mom, and Fresh Out of Amazing. You can find her blogging at staceythacker.com and hanging out on Instagram and Twitter @staceythacker usually with a cup of coffee in her hand.
You can watch the entire discussion below and check out all the show notes!
- We follow God no matter what
- We run the race with endurance, casting off weights and sins
- We encourage those who are also running the race
- Jesus is worth it!
Don’t miss this:
- Around 5 minutes in, Stacey joins Brooke and Erin after Erin leads us through a time of prayer. Stacey tells us a little about her family and living in central Florida through Irma.
- At 11 minutes, Erin asks Stacey about a situation with one of her daughters that has required endurance from the entire family. Stacey quotes Elisabeth Elliot, “If it’s God will you want more than anything else, you’re going to need endurance.”
- At 16 minutes, Erin and Stacey talk about what you can and can’t cast off during a race. You can’t cast off circumstances, but you can cast off weights and sins.
- At 20 minutes, Stacey shares what to do when you need the long haul perspective. You have to look back and forward!
- At 25 minutes, Stacey reminds us when we focus on the problems, we miss the bigger things God is doing through them.
- At 30 minutes, they all discuss what a disservice we do when we give the impression the motherhood journey will be easy. Stacey said we need to communicate, “I’m not doing this—He is!”
- Stacey’s final words of encouragement remind us to keep running, that Jesus is worth it. Brooke prays for God to help us see someone who has fallen and encourage them. Erin reminds us even if we feel defeated, God still uses us.
- Interview with Elisabeth Elliot
- Blog post from Beth Moore, “To Servants of Jesus in your 30s and 40s”
- Video of moment Stacey describes in the 2016 Rio Olympics
Be sure to check out Stacey’s book,Is Jesus Worth It?, part of her Girlfriend’s Guide to the Bible series!
And join us each Tuesday at 12:30 (eastern) on our Facebook page for more encouragement!