In our Facebook Live this week, Erin was joined by Heather Haupt.
Heather Haupt is the mother of three knights-in-training and a spunky little princess. She wants to be intentional during these years of parenting and raise children who will make a difference in this world. Recognizing the brevity of childhood and
the power of a parent’s influence, Heather both inspires and equips families toward intentional parenting, pursuing God, and delighting in the adventure of learning. She is the author of the new book Knights-in-Training: Ten Principles for Raising Honorable, Courageous, and Compassionate Boys. She writes at www.heatherhaupt.com.
- “Parents want what’s best for our sons, but we don’t understand how they are wired.”
- “We aren’t here just to protect them, but to prepare them.”
- “Training is a process that’s worth the effort.”
Don’t Miss This:
- At 4 minutes Erin welcomes Heather and Heather introduces herself.
- At 6 minutes Erin asks Heather what inspired her to write Knights-in-Training.
- At 12 minutes Erin asks how we should respond to this modern state of boyhood. She quotes from Heather’s book, “Mediocrity and apathy are the growing marks of manhood.”
- At 14 minutes Heather says if we don’t let our boys take risks, they can’t save the day or stand against injustice and evil. We squash their natural desires.
- At 16 minutes she says we aren’t here just to protect them, but to prepare them.
- At 17 minutes they talk about building situational awareness skills.
- At 19 minutes they talk about why faith is crucial to the code of chivalry.
- At 22 minutes Erin asks Heather to talk more about the practical and fun aspects of the book.
- At 26 minutes Heather shares the one takeaway she wants parents to remember: training is a process that’s worth the effort.
- Heather’s book, Knights-in-Training: Ten Principles for Raising Honorable, Courageous, and Compassionate Boys
- Brain Breaks