- Are you a mother of boys who often finds herself wanting to wave the white flag in defeat?
- Do they drain you, overwhelm you, steal your heart, break your heart and cause you more anxiety than you ever dreamed possible?
- Do you long to fight pro-actively for your boys, but just don’t know how to get ahead of the daily battle?
If so, you’re not alone.
It’s been three years since our community last joined together in collective prayer for our sons. Prayer is the most important, most vital, most life-giving part of our parenting. Unfortunately, it’s also the most overlooked. Here’s the truth:
The best way a mom can enter the battle for the heart of her son is on her knees.
There are so many books out there today on the topic of parenting boys that I can’t count them. Nor do I have time to read them all. But even if I did, reading these books and putting the solid tools in them to work still doesn’t come with guarantees.
Knowing this, it becomes quite clear that there is only one thing we can do…
Plead with God.
Today, I challenge you to pray passionately and purposefully for the hearts of your sons with the MOB Society in the month of October.
Register for the fall edition of 21 Days of Prayer for Sons, and…
- Join with a community of thousands of boymoms just like you crying out to God for their sons.
- Learn to cover, not hover.
- Experience the value of praying intentionally for your sons.
- Enjoy proactive mothering, as you seek God for your son’s every need.
Here’s how to join:
This challenge is based on the book Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most.
- Pick up your copy of Praying for Boys today.
- Commit to pray for your boy(s) for 21 days straight in the month of October following along here at the MOB Society for direction and inspiration.
- Subscribe to the MOB Society blog to make sure you get all of the challenge posts.
- Leave us a comment below indicating your commitment to join the challenge. Tell us about your “why,” for joining this challenge. What’s his name? How old is he? What are your hopes for him?
- Click this link to spread the word to other boymoms.
September 26th, 29th, and 30th – together, we’ll prep for the challenge right here on the MOB Society blog, covering the first three chapters of Praying for Boys
October 1, 2014 – the prayer challenge begins and will run every weekday through the month of October here on the MOB Society blog.
October 30th – prayer challenge ends.
October 31st – we’ll provide a link-up for the bloggers among us—an opportunity to publicly share how God moved in your family through this intentional time of prayer.
Comments from previous participants:
“This challenge…has given me my joy back in mothering” ~LaToya
“Thank you for giving me a tangible method for transformation in my family!!” ~Anne
“Thanks, Brooke for your help. I’ve always known that God was listening; I just didn’t know what to say!” ~Laurel
“So many heart changes are going on in our home and I’m just so thankful…” ~Ashley
Plan to join us for the fall edition of 21 Days of Prayer for Sons!
We can’t wait to get started! For specific schedule details, and ideas for how to participate in the challenge, click here.